We’ve produced guidance in partnership with NHS Education for Scotland which provides useful resources and links to support employers with training for redeployed workers, temporary workers and volunteers.
The guidance is a national resource which will support the frontline workforce in health and social care. It will support safe practice when addressing the needs of vulnerable people receiving care services.
The guidance is in three parts.
- Practical guidance for employers including:
- a practical approach and guidance for care settings
- key aspects for employers, for example SSSC registration, Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) checks, risk assessments
- managing recruitment
- information on induction and training.
- Guidance on the core learning for workers to make sure they have the skills, knowledge and values that everyone working in health and social care should have to support people safely which includes:
- preparing for practice, a national induction framework
- links to online resources to support employers and workers in specific areas of practice.
- The SSSC Learning Zone and access to service specific training and learning.