What can I use this money for?
This money must be used for improving staff wellbeing. You can apply for activities or to purchase items that will help to improve the wellbeing of adult social work, social care staff, including social work students.
Examples of what this fund will not pay for are:
- staff salaries or bonuses
- backfilling staff
- monetary payments to staff.
More groups eligible
Applications will be accepted from staff who are either:
- SSSC registered
- employed to deliver a Care Inspectorate registered service
- social work students/assistants who are part of a team delivering social work/social care services.
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- staff from public, private and voluntary sector organisations delivering adult social work and social care services and
- employed by and have the agreement and support of their employer organisation to apply
- membership organisations that directly support the wellbeing of adult social work and social care staff where proposals do not duplicate initiatives received from staff or employers direct.
Individual teams from an organisation, with that employer’s agreement, can apply directly. However, teams should look for ways of collaborating and submitting cost-effective applications. As the fund is trying to get a fair distribution of funding across sectors, size and geography, it is unlikely that multiple applications from the same employer will be funded.
For more information please read the guidance notes.
How do I apply?
Please consider one of the two following offers to apply for.
Immediate Impact Funding – up to £5,000
Applications for this grant must be intended to make an immediate impact to the wellbeing of staff and take no more than six months to deliver.
Sustainable Impact Funding – up to £10,000
Applications for this grant must be for activity that will build wellbeing capacity which may take longer than six months to deliver and can either be sustained or is likely to have a sustainable impact on the social work/social care team beyond this time.
Applications are open now and close at noon on 29 July 2022.
Inspiring Scotland is managing and administering the funds on behalf of Scottish Government.