Workers can now access information on their phone to help them identify potential changes in skin early, which will improve the wellbeing of people using their services.
Skin breakdown, which includes pressure ulcers (sores) and moisture lesions, are injuries that can occur in people who are being supported by social services. If it is not identified and treated early, skin breakdown can develop into serious injuries that can be very painful, difficult to treat and have a high risk of infection that could lead to sepsis.
Information and risk factors
The app is designed to give you information when you need it and also tells you about:
- risk factors signs and symptoms
- how to manage skin breakdown
- why it is important to report any concerns.
It also has an optional augmented reality function where workers can see the common places of skin breakdown on a 3D figure on their phone.
Please note workers must not use this to diagnose skin breakdown but report any concerns so these can be investigated as soon as possible.
Usethe links below to download the free app.
- Apple App Store for iPhones https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/learning-about-skin-breakdown/id1520642042
- Google Play Store for Android phones https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SimVisResearchSSSC.SkinBreakdown&hl=en_GB&gl=US
Android users please note, this app will only work on devices which support ARCore. If your device does not appear on this list (https://developers.google.com/ar/devices#google_play_devices) it is unlikely to be able to run the app.
For more information about this app, please contact our digital learning team at SSSCLearningTech@sssc.uk.com