Scottish Government guidance
Guidance is available for lots of different topics including:
- clinical guidance for different types of service
- care home guidance (including visiting and outings from the home guidance)
- adults with incapacity
- social care assessments
- social work
- unpaid carers
- adult support and protection
- testing for health and social care staff
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- palliative care.
Health Protection Scotland guidance
Information and guidance for care home settings from Health Protection Scotland, this page includes:
- COVID-19 Information and Guidance for Care Home Settings (updated 31 December 2020)
- outbreak control checklist
- further advice for staff
- safe practice in care homes posters.
COVID-19 - information and guidance for social, community and residential care settings (published 16 April 2021) which covers:
- community based settings for people with mental health needs
- community based settings for people with a learning disability
- community based settings for people who misuse substances
- supported accommodation settings
- rehabilitation services
- residential children’s homes
- stand alone residential respite for adults (settings not registered as care homes)
- stand alone residential respite/short breaks services for children
- providing care to individuals in their own home
- sheltered housing
- hospice settings
- prison and detention settings.
Note the previous COVID-19 - Guidance for Domiciliary Care (care at home) is now incorporated into the COVID-19 - information and guidance for social, community and residential care settings (published 16 April 2021).
Guidance for educational and early learning and childcare settings has been updated and incorporated into Health Protection Scotland general advice for all non-healthcare settings (updated 31 December 2020)
Health Protection Scotland coronavirus page (this page lists the latest publication updates)
Care Inspectorate guidance
General COVID-19 advice and updates
Ready Scotland website has information on volunteering, community groups and finding extra support
COVID-19 vaccine information
Public Health Scotland vaccine resource toolkits, includes information for care home, social care and healthcare workers
Details of vaccination priority groups (issued by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation)
Infection prevention and control
Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
Updated guidance on COVID-19 personal protective equipment (PPE) (updated 15 April 2021)
General face coverings guidance includes information on exemptions to wearing them (updated 2 June 2021)
Staff health and wellbeing
The National Wellbeing Hub is for everyone working in health and social care. It has lots of resources for individuals and managers.
COVID-19 Education Recovery Group
Qualifications and apprenticeships
Supplementary guidance for SVQ assessment centres to support candidates impacted by COVID-19 pandemic (updated 11 November 2020)
We have published a toolkit of information to support placement providers, students and centres to support the safe return of students to placements. You can download the toolkit here.
Mental Welfare Commission
The Mental Welfare Commission publishes guidance and advice notes on working during the pandemic.
Technology enabled care
If you have any questions relating to your SSSC registration please use the form on our contact us page.